Monday, October 5, 2009

Fan stories

image

A week ago, I decided to start a little competition where La Toya fans could write down how they discovered her and why they are Toy Soldiers. I would pick my 5 favourites, and the prize was an exclusive Playboy DVD.

Here are the winning stories:

image

Hi!
I say your thread on the Church of LaToya Forum regarding a competition to win her playboy dvds. Here is my story! (please forgive my grammar!)
I discovered La Toya about 4 years ago now...soon after I became a fan of Michael.  Because I really liked the music of Michael, Janet and the Jackson 5 I decided to check out music from the rest of the Jackson family (particulary La Toya and Rebbie) who I didn't know much about. I found the song 'I don't play that' and 'No more drama' on youtube (which were actually posted by some Toy Soldiers from the church of La Toya forum!!)  and loved it so I decided to find out more about her 'Startin Over' album. After alot of searching I was finally able to track down all the tracks from the leaked Startin Over album. I absolutley fell in love with album and her story told through the lyrics and was wondering why I had never heard of her before (I missed out on her 90's infamous appearances on TV..I was too young).
I had heard from other MJ fans about how terrible she was to her brother and what a bad person she was. But I didn't want to take their word for it because the rest of the Jackson family seemed so nice and didn't make sense to me that she could turn out so badly different when she had grown up in the same family with the same influences (plus I had seen interviews of her before she met Jack Gordon and she seemed normal then). After watching her interview with Larry King and VH1 All Access on youtube, I got to hear her side of the story, she seemed very misuderstood and very different to what some MJ fans had made her out to be. I watched more and more of her stuff on youtube and became familiar with her story (she seemed very intriguing and I sympathised with her). The Startin Over album also prompted me to find out more of her back catalogue and actually really liked the music enough to begin hunting around and finding out about the rest of her music that was not so common, her past interviews ect..and i suppose i just got hooked...

Libsta84

image

Hi Toy Fan,

Hope you are doing great & had a wonderful weekend. I've discovered Latoya in 1984, when I was around 7 years of age. I knew she was Michael's  
  sister  & I remember having her audio tape & cover was Heart Don't Lie & she  
was wearing white trousers & white & yellow top with a bow tie, just like
Mikes!. I couldn't remember the songs that time, but i really wanted to
know more about toy. I started collecting her pix since then. In the early
90's I've heard on the Radio that Latoya was going to visit Muscat! & sadly
she didn't & also in Star Plus (on TV I've started getting news from Hard copy
& WOWI never missed her news. I'm glad I've also watched Life Styles of the Rich & Famous & WOW she had a  big house.

Does anyone have this clip, if yes please burn it in the CD for me. Also in
the early 90's I've watched The Fall Guy & I said that's Latoya Latoya, I
was so excited & she was singing Hot Potatoe We are the World was in 1985 &
guess what? I thought that was Janet but when the years went by & I've read
about We are the World, I discovered later that it was Latoya.

In 2001-2003 I've joined the Latoya Jackson Yahoo groups & finally was
really getting all the news on toy & her pix & also for the first on the
internet I managed to find her songs.

It was from the Bad Girl album & I really loved it a lot. Playboy is my
favourite song, I couldn't stop listening to it, then He's my brother, how
sweet, she's the only Jackson who sang a song for Mike. After that, Latoya
album & so on. I said toy has a sweet baby voice, I'm going try & get her
collection some how. In Oman I've managed to get the audio cassette & so
far only 2 songs were there, which were You Gonna Get Rocked & Does It
Really Matter, it was from The Jackson Family Remix. I really really thank
my friend in Germany Doro, who was the first one to send me toy's CD Bad
Girl, then Emil I thank him too for adding the whole albums into MP3. Again
I thank Doro, who sent me her video clips, so far I can watch it on the PC.
I also thank Annie too, who sent me Heart Don't Lie clip & You Gonna Get
Rocked by the net.

Why I love Toy, is because she's a strong amazing Woman. I love her
Personality & she's really sexy, hot & sizzling. I wish someday I'll meet
toy & hopefully she'll send me a post card.

Becha Gonna Need My Loving,

My first songs I heard from La Toya was You Gonna Get Rocked & Does It
Really Matter(Not complete) from the Jackson Family Remix Cassette which I
had I was dying to hear these songs but as u know it's hard to find Toy's
collection., I guess it was in the mid 90's & I was lucky that Toy's songs
were added in the cassette! because she's isn't famous in my country. Then
I've watched The Fall Guy & saw Toy singing Hot Potato. Then I remember
when I was at work on a Training, I was surfing the net & searching for
something, I finally discovered a website of La Toya & I've heard His My
Brother, Playboy, Restless Heart from the album Bad Girl & I loved it. I
said why La Toya wasn't famous, she has a sweet baby voice. I really thank
Doro & emil for sending me Toy's Cd. Then I watched You Gonna Get Rocked
Clip on the Net & Heart Don't Lie. I thank Annie who sent me these clips. I
knew she was MJ sister like I've said in my story i knew her since 1980's &
I had the cassette but i couldn't recall any songs. Now I'm watching most
her clips on you tube. I'm thanking Toy Soldier
because his gonna send me a cd of Toy & I'll her clips. Looking forward for
it. I would love to get Bad Girl clip but not luck in you tube. I wish La
Toya will be famous someday.

Becha Gonna Need My Loving,

Best regards,

Samira

image

Dear Zaghawa, 

How I discovered La Toya? As a horny 14-year old I went through my father's Playboy collection, but instead of getting off I discovered this incredible magical utterly fabulous creature that is la Toya Yvonne Jackson. I never heard her utter a word, let alone sing. But in my mind this paradisiacal flower could be nothing but a musical genius. So without any hesitation I scored her Bad Girl album and fell even deeper in love with all that is Toy. The orgastic pleasure of You & Me left me gasping for air. Since then I have collected Toy's complete musical output, but I never really revisited that first encounter, those good old Playboy days. I would love to celebrate the sexual La Toya again, it is a part of her past that has been unjustly ignored and look down upon by some of the newer Toy Soldiers. Not to mention La Toya herself. Such a shame.

Love
Toy Poodle

image

Aloha gorgeous! hehe Im glad I found that post you made about that competition
Yes I always knew about La Toya ever since I was born. Was born in 1989, However I always listened to Michael & Janet Jackson
Until now, Im getting older. & my choices of music are getting more mature. I still love the jackson family but Janet to me seems to much of someone that wants to go to the younger crowd. I look up to someone who has wisdom and not all about sex
So I started listening to Phyllis Hyman, Im not too sure if you heard of her but she's deceased now....She killed herself back in 1995 by overdosing in pills.  I always knew about her but for some reason when I started getting more into my native american culture I became depressed as ever
Dealing with not having anyone to share my heart with
Being disowned by my family because I'm bi racial, Gay, long hair.....& plus I look different from everyone else
I've been the blacksheep not just of my family but from the whole universe. I met guys off the internet. I'm from VA I went to NYC to only deal with someone who had multiple personalities and who had AIDS. Had sex with him...He didnt tell me until after.....The next trip I went to NY to meet another guy I knew for a few months.....He left me stranded...Knew his ass for 2 months...and just was not a man of his words
Thats when I really started abusing drugs because it seemed like no one liked me.......everyone wants to be away from me because Their afraid of meeting someone thats all about love and saving people....I blame myself for alot of killings that happened throughout the world
Remember Lisa Lefteye Lopes from TLC, she was one of my favorite singers. This dumb website has pics of her dead....it hurt me like hell...I told them to remove the pic. they still havent done it...I emailed her family saying to please email the site cause what if I want to be famous and I end up dying....will somebody take a pic of me dead and post it all over the internet for people to see
They ignored me............blacksheep again....I started cutting my whole left arm again......to deal with the pain of me still being alive. as much as I care about making the world a better place....No one would give me a chance...people would say
"grow up" hell I dont wanna grow up knowing that I cant help someone else
Ive come to learn....I can't help someone that doesnt want to be helped
I dealt with death spirits. I tried overdosing.......too many times...everyday almost....you should ask me what day did I didnt ty to kill myself. Phyllis hyman's spirit came to me..............sometimes it was good sometimes it was trying to convince me to die and be with her because we had the same mindset
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgqrLjQb8mU
Here are some of her quotes before she killed herself

"The last time I didn't know what I was doing....This Time I do"

"Don't want to go through another 45 years of living like what I did in the past"

"I'm trying to be nice and say goodbye to everyone and everyone is trying to talk me out of it"

"I'm not going to debate you over my life...you can't help"

"I'm not going to stay for the people who will  miss me.  I never see them anyway.....they'll get over it"

"Life is about choices  And I choose to go and everybody should respect that"

Yeah I tell you I agreed with that! lol shit I was ready to go....Phyllis was 6'1" and heavy set. she was like if I jump out my apartment building I might knock a couple of people out if I land on them....Im a big bitch LMAO!!!!!!

I could go on and on about the men I dealt with, suicide, being the blacksheep.....and now there is someone....Latoya......Someone who reminds me of phyllis........blacksheep, misunderstood, abused.....someone who is alive and not gone like phyllis. I can focus on someone that is alive.........that way when I dont have to focus on trying to die and see phyllis. Latoya is a real emotional person like me,. and it KILLS me how these JJ and MJ fans talk so much trash about her. I hope MJ sees that fake fans and know that their not right

Its not only latoya that changed my heart, Theirs this indian chief Im now dating, I've known him for 2 months...and guess what Ive did my first native american dance in philly! I rehearsed in 4 days....

Im here

go to http://westsidepa.com/page90.html and look at the video in the middle. now look to the right and click on video number 8. youll see me ! Im the tallest one! and my bf is the guy in front of me :)

PS, thanks for uploading those sexual feeling songs! I told my bf that Im crazy about latoya! lol Im dressing up as toya for halloween and he's going to be jeffery. toya's bf LMAO I dont think he's going to go through it ahah! but yeah.....Death is the last thing on my mind! I have to explore the world and teach people how to be kind.....teach them about my culture :)

Espiritu_Guerrero

image

Hello,
This is for the Playboy DVD competition.
I first discovered La Toya Jackson when I was little, and I saw her psychic ads in my Mom’s Enquirers. When I was 14, and on the night of my Jr. High graduation, I saw La Toya’s E! True Hollywood Story, and I became hooked on the clips of her performances and I thought she was really beautiful. I also admired the strength and courage she had to escape Jack Gordon’s harsh abuse. Shortly after, I checked out her autobiography from the library, and ever since then, I have been hooked on La Toya Jackson. I admire her career, her honesty, beauty, and talent. I am interested in all aspects of her career, and I have a really strong desire to see her Playboy Video, because I consider myself a die-hard La Toya Jackson fan
, and I want to own her Playboy Video as part of my small but growing La Toya Jackson collection!!!

VelvetRope14

image

 

27 comments:

Mike said...

Stunning stories! I first came across Toy when I was living in Germany and she was reasonably popular there. I saw her on a German talk show and it was love at first sight. So much style, glamour and sophistication. She really is in a league of her own!

Anonymous said...

DEAR MIKE CONMET ON THESE NOTE LOVEJULIE

Anonymous said...

daermike whemislatotajackson overcd comeout ep and starove r and new and singledontunerstand toletmenow and soplese letmenow

Anonymous said...

reallycon nmetonmynote

Anonymous said...

DAER MIKE NOTEVRRRY TRYTOHELP US BEHERFORTHE CD

Anonymous said...

PLESAcomnnetonmytwoidesa

Anonymous said...

LATOYA JACKSON NEEDTO DOWITH GOTVSHOWCALLWD ROCKIEBLE

Anonymous said...

TELLMEHOWFEELLMIKE

Anonymous said...

daer mike latoya has do aong for me love called therock huse down think do it forhallmark chanel

Anonymous said...

doyou likemy new miuce ides forlaytoya jackson

Anonymous said...

daer mike love alljackson through mj andlovejanetjackson now fromstarovercd donthave lovejacksonthrogh janet jackson

Anonymous said...

DEAR MIKE NEEDTOHELPLATOYAJACKSON STAROVERCD

Anonymous said...

TELLLMEOUTWITHLATOYAJACKSON

Anonymous said...

dearmike aks latoya old disse and also smthing for me

Anonymous said...

DEAR MIKEASK YESRTORDAYS TOHELPLATOTA JACKSSON RESTURT OUTSID EAWAYTOOCEANCITY NJ

Anonymous said...

dear mike aks tyrn bank s tohelplatoyajackson shemieghtbe second judg onamircan topmold canyouaskhertosingonthe show

Anonymous said...

tellmehowfeel abootut it

Anonymous said...

she mightbeomyshow

Anonymous said...

shebeonamricantop mold assecondjudg

Jule said...

Use. Like her through mj. Then don’t. What hapen

Jule said...

So think should tel you lukemy

Jule said...

Telme felabout last. Ides and Typemeback

Jule said...

Love Janet. Very longtime

Jule said...

And verry small Latoya

Jule said...

Like Latoya sing about Covid a19

Jule said...

Losing. Pandas bear and change

Jule said...

Latoya. Panda bear help them andsnabout them

Post a Comment